Monday, July 21, 2008

Reality Bites

Patients believe their lives are on TV: MDs


Ok nice headline right? More interesting article. Apparently, these two doctors have discovered a new mental illness where people believe their lives are actually something akin to Reality TV shows. Of course, the doctors had a very original name for the illness; the "Truman Show Delusion." Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of good mental health and also believe that the government has done a horrible job of providing quality mental health care (although with any other type) for people. However, I'm not sure that this illness is anything new. It seems like its just a type of paranoia. Of course, I'm not doctor so who am I to judge (and too bad I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night or I'd be golden).

The article can be found here National Post Article

No comments: